Newcastle upon Tyne
Nursing Care, Care Homes Nursing / EMI Nursing, Care Homes Residential / Dementia, Residential Care Home Manager, Interim Management , Regional Manager , HM Care Home Managers , Area Support Managers , Peripatetic Managers
3 months ago
Stephen James Consulting are working exclusively with one of their client’s in the recruitment for a Peripatetic Manager. This newly created opportunity will support the Regional Operations Team in the development of quality of services and standards in private care and nursing homes across the region, whilst playing a pivotal role in business improvement.
- Managing a home which does not have a permanent manager, or where an existing manager requires support
- Compliance towards legislative and regulatory guideline
- Implementation and continuous monitoring of policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of client care and service
- Development and review of care plans to meet the physical, social and psychological needs of clients
- To provide strong leadership skills to enhance client’s quality of life by identifying and reducing risks by conducting care audits and taking corrective action
- Liaising with external bodies
- Overseeing the management of medication
- Managing the disciplinary and grievance procedure and performance related issues
To be considered for the Peripatetic Manager you will need the following experience:
- All applicants must have a minimum of 2 years' experience as a registered Home Manager - Ideally managing elderly / dementia services.
- Registered Manager award or similar relevant professional qualification also essential.
- NVQ5 Health & Social Care or willing to work towards desirable but not essential.
- Full, current driving licence desirable -Essential.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant current statutory legislation and good practice principles.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and time manage, negotiate and influence effectively.
- Flexible with travel and overnight stays
This is an excellent opportunity for Home Manager’s looking to take the next step in their career.